zorebenezer.blogspot.com

Monday, January 21, 2013

Annan worried over fitness level at AFCON

Ghana midfielder Anthony Annan says he is battling for fitness ahead of Thursday’s crucial game against Group B leaders Mali.

The Osasuna player has been an injury doubt since picking up an ankle injury last week during a pre-tournament friendly against Egypt in Abu Dhabi.

But Annan was a second half appearance last Sunday in Ghana's 2-2 draw with DR Congo at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium.

It was after the match the combative midfielder admitted he was far from his best form.

"I am not 100% fit. I am working on my fitness level and hopefully, I should be in line against Mali," Annan said.

''The team's medics are doing a great job and in no time I expect to be fully fit without any problems.

"We're disappointed with the result but we must understand DR Congo is also a good side and played well.

"We need to go back to the drawing board to see where we went wrong. But I’m confident we’ll bounce back."

By MTNFootball.com

No comments: